CITA is looking for a Producer to work alongside the Artistic Director and Associate Director in all aspects of production and touring.
Production and Touring
- Negotiating and drafting contracts and letters of agreement with actors, agents and production personnel
- Working with the Artistic Director and Associate Director negotiating venue contracts
- Researching and making contact with venues in the Japan and abroad
- Overseeing booking of company travel
- Overseeing relevant visas and work permits for tours
- Carrying out availability checks for actors, designers and production personnel
- Overseeing and creating company tour schedules
- Responding to touring enquiries and maintaining and updating contacts
- Creating and distributing production information packs to potential presenters
- Drafting funding applications and reports with Artistic Director and Associate Director
- In liaison with Artistic Director and Associate Director, keep website up to date with correct information, box office links etc
- Work with the Artistic Director in developing non-theatrical projects including publishing, radio productions, film and television
- General support for the Artistic Director
- Some experience in theatre administration and production
- Experience of touring theatre and scheduling
- Negotiating skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to schedule and on budget
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience of drafting contracts
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Knowledge and understanding of the arts funding system with particular reference to Arts Funding in Japan.
- Experience of casting
To apply please send CV, covering letter to
Associate Director Tatsuya Yasumoto email@example.com
Please send us your details by the end of October deadline.
We are currently recruiting for an Administrator to join our team.
We have a busy year ahead with continued rehearsing and touring of The Nose and a new show The Earth Trilogy in 2015. We are looking for an Administrator to help underpin all this exciting activity.
Based in Tokyo, this post is responsible for administratively supporting the producing, touring and education activities of the company.
The role would suit an emerging arts administrator with natural organisational abilities looking to gain experience in the arts sector. The post is initially offered as a year’s fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
The job description and application form are below.
We have recently undertaken a massive Five Year Project with other creative projects surrounding that, we are always looking out for new performers to collaborate with. If you are interested in performing with us, or finding out about workshop and training opportunities, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and area of interest.
CITA offers administration and assistant directing placements to students and those looking for experience. Please email your CV and a letter of interest to email@example.com to enquire about these positions.
CITA is committed to equal opportunities in all areas of its work and aims to ensure that everyone who applies to work with us receives fair treatment.
CITA tends to cast new members/performers through its regular workshops, if you are interested in collaborating with us in the future please look at our creative learning page for upcoming workshop information.